Why You Should Book Castel Sant'Angelo Skip the Line Tickets?
Originally built in 135 AD as the tomb of Roman Emperor Hadrian, Castel Sant’Angelo has gone through several transformations. It was converted into a military fortress, the Pope’s residence, a prison during the Renaissance period, and then finally into a museum to preserve Roman history. The castle is now home to Hadrian’s tomb, the Papal apartments, and magnificent works of art including frescoes, sculptures, paintings, pottery, murals, artworks, and much more.
The attraction is usually crowded, which is why we suggest that you buy Castel Sant’Angelo skip the line tickets to avoid waiting in long queues for hours. Here’s all the information you need to make the most of your visit to this mausoleum-turned-museum.
Combo (Save 5%): Colosseum + Castel Sant'Angelo Tickets
Why You Should Skip the Line at Castel Sant’Angelo?
- With Castel Sant’Angelo skip the line tickets, you can be assured of priority access, which means you won’t have to wait in long queues.
- Skip the line tickets minimize your waiting time from a few hours to a few minutes.
- You can use this extra time to explore the castle and learn more about its history at your own pace.
- You can also visit nearby attractions like the Gardens of Vatican City, Ponte Sant’Angelo, St. Peter’s Basilica, Sistine Chapel, and the Colosseum, to name a few.
- With the world still dealing with the pandemic, it is advisable to buy skip the line tickets so that you can stay away from huge crowds.
How to Skip the Line at Castel Sant’Angelo?
Visit During Early Hours
The best time to visit Castel Sant’Angelo is in the morning when the attraction opens to the public or in the evening before closing time. This is because there are fewer crowds at these times. If you wish to catch the sunset from the terrace, make sure you start a couple of hours ahead of time.
Which Entrance Do I Use for Skip the Line Tickets?
Skip the line ticket holders can use the main entrance to get inside Castel Sant’Angelo. Located on the right bank of River Tiber, the entry point to the castle is easily reachable by bus, train, light rail, metro, or car. Take buses 23, 280, 62, 64, or 982 and get off at the Piazza Pia stop. The castle is a 5-minute walk from there. You can also rent a car and drive down to the castle.
If you’re taking the metro, take Line A and get off at the Lepanto station. Roma San Pietro is the closest station if you’re traveling by train. Lines FL3 and FL5 stop near the castle. If you’re taking the light rail, take train number 19 and get off at the Risorgimento or S. Pietro station.
Skip the Line Tickets vs Guided Tours - Which is Better?
Skip the Line Tickets
- By purchasing skip the line tickets, you can skim past huge crowds because you get priority access to Castel Sant’Angelo.
- Save your time and energy to explore Castel Sant’Angelo and nearby attractions like St. Peter’s Basilica, Sistine Chapel, Vatican City, and Piazza Navona.
- Skip the line tickets help you avoid standing in long queues for hours because you are allowed priority entry to the castle.
- We recommend guided tours because they include an expert tour guide who knows Castel Sant’Angelo like the back of his hand and can tell you all you need to know about the castle.
- It is always advisable to explore places of historical significance with someone who possesses in-depth knowledge of the attraction.
- A guided tour offers you the opportunity to gain more knowledge and information about the attraction you visit.
Verdict: The best option is to book tickets that include both a skip the line feature and a tour guide. You get priority access plus, you get to explore a magnificent castle with an expert guide.
- We recommend booking skip the line tickets online and in advance to secure your spot.
- Make sure you wear comfortable footwear because you’ll have to do a lot of walking.
- If you are not going on a guided tour, read about the history and significance of Castel Sant’Angelo before visiting.
- The castle is not exactly wheelchair friendly or suited for those with reduced mobility. Not all spaces inside Castel Sant’Angelo are accessible to people with mobility issues.
- You will need at least 2 hours to tour the castle. Make sure you plan accordingly.
- Luggage or large bags are not allowed inside the castle.
- There is no parking facility at the castle.
- Avoid visiting on the first Sunday of every month. The castle gets quite crowded as entry is free for all.
Frequently Asked Questions About Castel Sant’Angelo Skip the Line Tickets
A. The Castel Sant’Angelo skip the line tickets cost €25.
A. Yes. Castel Sant’Angelo Skip the line tickets are worth purchasing because they save enough time and energy to explore the castle without haste.
A. The Castel Sant’Angelo skip the line tickets do not include a guided tour, but you can separately book a guided tour with a skip the line feature.
A. Booking tickets online will save you time but not let you skim past huge crowds. You will have to purchase skip the line tickets or book yourself a guided tour if you wish to avoid waiting in line.
A. You might have to wait for a couple of hours to enter the castle.
A. Yes. Audio guides are included in your Castel Sant’Angelo skip the line tickets.
A. Skip the line ticket holders can access the castle through the main entrance. However, you will have to go through a mandatory security check.