Plan Your Visit To Castel Sant'Angelo in Rome | Timings, Getting There, Tickets
One of the most visited cities in the world, Rome is known for its stunning architecture, great food, and stunning landscapes. The center of the Roman Empire that ruled the European Continent for several ages, the city of Rome also boasts of rich history. Castel Sant’Angelo, a mausoleum-turned-museum that dates back to the 2nd century, is a monument that combines the architectural grandeur of Rome while allowing visitors to gain an in-depth understanding of Roman history. Here's all the information you need to know before visiting Castel Sant’Angelo.
Castel Sant’ Angelo Opening Hours
- What are the Castel Sant’Angelo opening hours?
Castel Sant’Angelo is open daily from 9 AM to 7.30 PM
- When is the Castel Sant’Angelo closed?
Castel Sant’Angelo is closed on January 1st, May 1st, and December 25th.
- How long does it take to go around Castel Sant’Angelo?
You can tour the Castel Sant’Angelo in 1-2 hours.
Learn more about Castel Sant’Angelo’s opening hours.
Castel Sant'Angelo Location
Castel Sant’Angelo Address: Lungotevere Castello, 50, 00193 Roma RM, Italy
Located on the right bank of the Tiber, a short distance from the Vatican City, Castel Sant’Angelo is a walking distance of numerous bus stops. The nearest bus stop to Castel Sant'Angelo is Piazza Pia and it is about 5-minutes walking distance from the Castel Sant’Angelo.Direction to Castel Sant'Angelo
Getting to Castel Sant’Angelo
If you are visiting Castel Sant'Angelo, here are the best ways you can get to the attraction:
- These Bus lines stop near Castel Sant’Angelo: 23, 280, 62, 64, 982, N70, N904.
- The closest bus stop is Piazza Pia. Castel Sant’Angelo is a 5-minute walk from here.
- Borgo Sant'Angelo, Paola and Lgt Fiorentini/Paoli stops are also only 5-minutes away.
- Train lines FL3 and FL5 stop near Castel Sant’Angelo.
- Roma San Pietro is the closest station, which is a 22-minute walk away.
- The FL3 is the first train that goes to Castel Sant’Angelo. It stops nearby at 7.10 AM.
By Light Rail
- Take train #19, which will get you to Risorgimento/S. Pietro station, which is a 12-minute walk away.
- #19 is the first and last light rail that will take you to Castel Sant’Angelo. The first train stops nearby at 7:27 AM and the last train stops at 3:15 AM.
Things To Do Near Castel Sant'Angelo
- Piazza Navona: Visit this beautiful square where Bernini's Fountain of the Four Rivers stands.
- Pantheon Rome: Go on a tour of the stunning ancient temple.
- St. Peter’s Basilica: Climb up to the terrace of St. Peter’s Basilica, and experience panoramic views of Rome.
- Colosseum: Visit one of the most visited landmarks in the world and immerse yourself in the ancient Roman amphitheater experience.
- Sistine Chapel: Visit this ancient chapel at Vatican City, and marvel at the beautiful frescoes that adorn its ceiling.
Castel Sant’Angelo Facilities & Services
- Audio guides: Available in Italian, English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Russian, and Chinese.
- Refreshments: Visit the rooftop restaurant to enjoy a delicious Italian meal while soaking up the panoramic views of the city.
- Wheelchair accessibility: The attraction is not suited for those with mobility impairments. Lift available upon justified request.
All Your Questions Answered About Visiting Castel Sant’Angelo
A. Castel Sant’Angelo is open daily from 9 AM to 7.30 PM
A. Castel Sant'Angelo is located at Lungotevere Castello, 50, 00193 Roma RM, Italy.
A. The easiest way to get to Castel Sant'Angelo is by bus.
A. Grab a meal at the rooftop restuarant, Le Terrazze Restaurant, where you can enjoy a hearty Italian meal along with panoramic views of Rome.
A. Unfortunately, Castel Sant'Angelo is not wheelchair accessible. However, a lift is made available on request.
A. The Castel Sant'Angelo tour can take 1-2 hours.
A. To avoid crowds and enjoy pleasant weather, visit Castel Sant’Angelo during the evenings.